We offer a complete line of surgical and dental procedures including:
- dental cleaning
- tooth extraction
- lump removals
- laceration repairs
- bladder stone removal
Your pet's safety and comfort are our priority. All anesthetized patients have pre-surgical exam and blood work. A dedicated pet nurse carefully monitors each pet's vital signs during and after anesthesia. And all pets go home with appropriate pain medication and detailed post-surgical instructions.
Radiowave Surgery at St. Bernard's Animal Medical Center
For the safety and comfort of our patients, we perform radiosurgery in every applicable surgical procedure at St. Bernard's Animal Medical Center. The benefits of radiosurgery include:
- Less blood lossÂ - radiowaves seal off blood vessels as they cutRadiowave surgery reduces blood loss, infection and pain
- Shorter anesthesia - simultaneous cauterizing and cutting reduces reduces surgery time and your pet'sÂ time under anesthesia
- Decreased post-operative pain - nerve endings are sealed during cutting, and unlike CO2 laser and traditional scalpel methods, radiosurgery causes minimal tissue damage
- Reduced risk of infection - radiowaves vaporize bacteria, minimizing infectious agents from being seeded along the length of the incision
- Safer than laser surgery - there are minimal safety hazards involved with radiowave technology
No burning or charring of the tissue - unlike laser or electrosurgery, radiosurgery does not burn the tissue meaning less pain, shorter healing and less scarring
In the event we cannot treat your pet'sÂ surgical condition we will refer you and your pet to board certified specialists.